What is medicalmotion?
medicalmotion GmbH is a medical technology healthcare company founded by doctors, scientists and engineers to network first-class expert knowledge within innovative and holistic therapy concepts. Thanks to advanced technology, this knowledge can be made available to everyone in a highly precise and individualized way.
Based on the information and feedback provided by users, the medicalmotion app offers daily, individually adapted exercise recommendations that can help to treat acute, subacute and chronic pain and tension. The focus here is on neuromusculoskeletal diseases, but the medicalmotion app can also be used to support neurological conditions such as restless legs.
Beyond the exercise recommendations, the app also offers a wide range of interesting and informative podcasts with lots of content worth knowing, as well as a selection of relaxation exercises.
Measures that you feel directly:
- A daily exercise program tailored to you against your pain
- Very precise selection option of the affected body regions in the app
- Tips and knowledge around pain and tension
- Communication with physiotherapists via a chat function integrated in the app
- Ability to share information about your health development and training progress with your physical therapist via PDF export
- Reminders that are adapted to your activity and developments
Actions that affect you indirectly but ensure that your medical care is improved:
The exercise recommendations of medicalmotion GmbH are based on the collective expertise of a panel consisting of experts from the fields of physiotherapy, medicine and sports science. In addition, different guidelines for various clinical pictures are taken into account and implemented in the exercise recommendations.
How to participate
Participation in the care offer begins at the time of enrollment by means of digital confirmation of a declaration of participation and consent in the medicalmotion app. Before enrolling in the contract, you will be informed by your health insurer about the contents of the special care.
You are entitled to benefits under this contract if
- You are insured with a health insurance company that participates in this care plan,
- you are at least 18 years old,
- and a confirmed diagnosis by your physician is available (e.g. acute, subacute and chronic pain and tension, neuromusculoskeletal diseases, neurological disease patterns)
- you have an Internet-enabled smartphone with an IOS or Android operating system.
You can access the app as follows:
- The health insurance fund requests fund-specific access codes from the contract partner. These access codes can be provided by the health insurer to the interested insured person by e-mail, if necessary as a printout, or verbally by the respective health insurer. The access codes can then be entered by the insured person during registration in the app. To clearly identify the insured person, social data (name, date of birth, insured person number) is requested as part of the registration process.
- The health insurance fund requests fund-specific access codes from the contract partner. These access codes can be provided by the health insurer to the interested insured person by e-mail, possibly as a printout, or verbally by the respective health insurer. The access codes can then be entered by the insured person during registration on the landing page of the contractual partner. In order to clearly identify the insured person, social data (name, date of birth, insured person number) is requested as part of the registration process.
- The insured person can log in to the health insurance portal. On the health insurance portal, the access code is displayed to the insured person after successful login. The insured person can then enter the access code on the landing page of medicalmotion and can register for app use by entering their social data (name, date of birth, insured person number).
With your confirmation of the participation and consent form, you confirm your participation in the Special Care Program medicalmotion – App-supported digital pain therapy.
Upon enrollment in the care contract, you agree, as part of your duty to cooperate, to actively participate in the care program and to take advantage of the proposed therapy for treatment, as specified.
End of participation
Participation in care in the medicalmotion app and within the framework of the special care contract is terminated automatically
- with the end of membership with the participating health insurance fund, at the earliest with the end of the subsequent entitlement to benefits in accordance with § 19 SGB V,
- with the change to a health insurance company not participating in this contract,
- with the effectiveness of the revocation of consent to data processing,
- or upon termination of the special care
- with revocation of the declaration of participation.
Revocation of your participation
After confirmation of the declaration of participation, you can revoke your participation in the special care program medicalmotion – App-supported digital pain therapy within 14 days in writing or electronically to medicalmotion GmbH or in writing to your health insurance company without giving reasons. To meet the deadline, it is sufficient to send the revocation in time. If there is no revocation within 14 days after confirmation of the declaration of participation, you are bound to the contract for the duration of the care.
You can terminate your participation at any time for good cause (e.g. change of residence, disturbed doctor-patient relationship, practice closure) in writing, electronically to your health insurance company. The date on which the termination is received by your health insurance company is decisive. In the event of extraordinary termination, the reasons must be stated.